Join Date: Sep 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The axle ran without oil and got so hot that there were heat colors visible on the steel hub (red and cobalt blue)
I have a T350 Passenger Van, 3.7l, Midroof, LWB. First registered in 9/15 and 34.000mls on the clock.
It is nice to look at it if it is around ( see the "bad")
It drives nice when I have it available ( see the "bad")
It looks good.
The rear doors open wide and access is easy.
Engine is strong
Great brakes ( no issues)
Very agile, good handling
- It sucks gas. 15mpg
- Seats suck, I am 6ft, 200lbs and I just fit the driver seat. The rear passenger seats are very uncomfortable and in my opinion for up to 10 year old children only and useless. I would be torture to travel with more than 6 grown ups in this 10 seat van.
- Loud (drive train noise, bad wind noise over 65 mph)
In 2015 :
The van spent 1 week and than 3 weeks in the workshop for AC issues and computer programming. The main issue was that the workshop had nobody (Ford Experts) who ever worked on a Transit and to replace the evaporator, half the car must be dismantled.
The van lock itself randomly.
In 2016 :
It took one week to install a Tow Hitch electrical kit by Ford Experts.
-Window noise was a huge issue and could not be fixed by Ford Experts. 3 attempts lead to nothing and Ford Central Service told me that I have to live with it. I sounded like a window which is cracked slightly open (both sides). I fixed it with insulation tape from home depot which I taped on top of the excising seal to increase sealing pressure. I have to replace the tape every four to six weeks to keep the seal strong.
- My biggest issue is that FORD has no spare part support for this van. This van is since Dec 1st 2016 (since 21 days) in the workshop with the Ford Experts. The spare part is promised to arrive on Jan 8th 2017 and than to be installed!.
This is what happened: During a tire rotation my tire people told me that the rear axle is leaking oil on the driver side. The earliest appointment available with the Ford Experts was 2 weeks later on December 1st 2016. They replaced the axle housing seal and returned the van. 40 miles later the rear axle was making so loud noises that we had to stop and found the rear wheel hot and full of oil. We limped back to the workshop. Since than the van is in the shop waiting for a rear axle housing. I had a chance to inspect the dismantled axle and for me it looks like that there was no oil in the axle or it lost the oil in a huge leak quickly. The axle ran without oil and got so hot that there were heat colors visible on the steel hub (red and cobalt blue)
The good thing is that nothing more can brake in 2016 since the van is now the caring hands of Ford Experts until the beginning of January.Conclusion for 16 months of ownership.
- The T350 is a great van if you do not need a van to transport stuff since your courtesy vehicle is mostly a Ford Fiesta.
- Ford has no critical parts support and just lets you wait for 1.5 months !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is most troubling since I believe this in not only valid for a Transit
- Ford lets you down completely if there is a design issue the dealership can not fix. (wind noise issue) Nobody cares.
- Talking to Ford Customer service is like talking to a psychologist. They apologize for everything, can not help you at all and try to make you feel better about their flawed design or their incapable Ford Experts.
DO NOT BUY A TRANSIT. Get a MB Sprinter. What ever it costs more it is worth it. I am so far that I never will buy a FORD again. I kick my butt every day!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Anyone want to buy a Brand New 2015 Custom Transit? (no waiting)||EJC161||Dealers, Purchases and Orders||7||06-03-2015 01:34:PM|
|Planning to buy Transit||Forder||Introductions||3||05-26-2015 04:40:PM|
|Who has the most miles on their Transit with the 3.7L V6 and would you buy again? ...||tdinut||Ford Transit Mileage and MPGs||11||04-30-2015 10:20:AM|
|Why I will Buy a Transit Wagon||Dale_R||Introductions||9||06-13-2014 06:19:PM|