Have Window Sticker -- tracking build dates by VIN - Page 2 - Ford Transit USA Forum
 151Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 09:36:PM
Member
 
Gianz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gianz
Help understanding window sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianz View Post
A36481 / stickers says Nov 30. / Dealer says delivery 1st week Jan 2015
Guys, in order not to confuse our efforts to understand Transit production, I am posting my window sticker so that someone more knowledgeable can confirm my build date. I am not sure about Nov 30.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WindowSticker.jpg (304.1 KB, 73 views)

GianZ
Silver, LWB, HR, 3.2 I5
Gianz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 09:44:PM
Member
 
Gianz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gianz
CrewVan Man, would you take a look at my window sticker posted right after your post tonight and confirm my build date?

GianZ
Silver, LWB, HR, 3.2 I5
Gianz is offline  
post #13 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 10:20:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canton, TX
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Look at the top of your window sticker you will see these numbers
1 2014 12 05 This is the start of your production date

At the bottom 11 25 14 is the date your dealer was billed for the van and the window sticker is produced!

At the top left FL means the van is going to FLORIDA

FKA36481 T-250 HR van Ingot Silver 12/5/2014 start of production
PeterR likes this.

Last edited by CrewVanMan; 12-06-2014 at 10:37:PM.
CrewVanMan is offline  
 
post #14 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 10:27:PM
Member
 
Gianz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gianz
CrewVanMan,

Thanks for the quick response! Wonder if you have any advise on how to best followup from this point? I see convoy at the bottom, what can I do? Thx in advance.

GianZ
Silver, LWB, HR, 3.2 I5
Gianz is offline  
post #15 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 10:35:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canton, TX
Posts: 1,614
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
You have to go to your dealer and they can give you the information on the transportation of the Transit. They can tell you the Rail Car Company and the rail car number it is loaded on when it is set up. Then you can go to the Rail Company site and track your rail car to the local Distribution Center where they unload your van and then load it on a truck (from the picture I have from our local center in Mesquite, TX it is on a slant trailer that can carry 3 Transits) If you locate your Distribution Center, then you may be able to track it to that location and if close you may drive by and see it. From the Distribution Center, your dealer can get your van in one to four days depending on how far your dealer is from this center.

Dado6
Ordered his van from Southwest Ford in Weatherford, TX which is west of Dallas, TX. It went on the RAIL from Kansas City through routing to the
Distribution Center in Mesquite, TX (which comes up on the rail car listing as Forney Rd Dist Ctr) and then is loaded on the slant trailer at the center and
delivered.

Depending on how the Rail Cars are lined up for delivery, your Transit could go to Chicago, then rerouted towards the Southeast coastal area through Tennessee, then Georgia, then to Florida. I have seen some go from Plant to Distribution Center in 5 days, then later in the same situation it could be 12 to 15 days. They usually ship the ones going in the same area together, so the more orders for that area, the faster it gets to the center.

You can do the ETIS search to see when your van has passed QUALITY CONTROL, then it is ready for transportation. That will give you a idea of when IT CAN BE LOADED at the plant.
PeterR likes this.

Last edited by CrewVanMan; 12-06-2014 at 10:59:PM.
CrewVanMan is offline  
post #16 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 11:52:PM
Member
 
Kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Cool

CrewVanMan. My WS isn`t available yet. I expect to see it late next week. I`ll let you all know when it comes up.

T150, MR, 130"wb, EcoBoost, 3:31LS axle, Trailer Towing Package, Cruise Control, Pueblo Gold. Delivered on 2-13-15
Kahuna is offline  
post #17 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 03:27:AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Just a reminder that this thread was set up only for those buyers who "Have Window Sticker . . . ."

Posting your VIN here BEFORE you get your window sticker will probably only confuse things . . .

Thanks CrewVanMan for the recent clarifications.
PeterR is offline  
post #18 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 03:49:AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewVanMan View Post
Look at the top of your window sticker you will see these numbers
1 2014 12 05 This is the start of your production date

At the bottom 11 25 14 is the date your dealer was billed for the van and the window sticker is produced!

At the top left FL means the van is going to FLORIDA

FKA36481 T-250 HR van Ingot Silver 12/5/2014 start of production
Thanks for making things clearer.

If you didn't know what you were looking for, these numbers would be difficult to ID IMO.

The production date number, in the middle of the very top line of the window sticker, has the word "BLEND" under it in small type, and does not have spaces between the numbers, as CrewVanMan has shown in red for clarity. (120141205 for Gianz's sticker)

The second number ("the date your dealer was billed for the van . . . ") is in the middle of the bottom of the page, just above the blue border, and under the words "SPECIAL ORDER." (11 25 14 for Gianz's sticker)

There is another date under the blue border (11/27/2014 for Gianz) which is TBD, as I am following the lead of CrewVanMan here.

PS -- There is a funny inconsistency between the dates, as to which use the full year 2014, which use spaces, and which use a "forward slash" [ / ] to separate month/day/year, and the order in which the year appears.

Ugh . . . What a hodge-podge, helter-skelter, and anachronistic soup bowl of information . . . (IMO) . . .
DJplus6 likes this.

Last edited by PeterR; 12-07-2014 at 03:55:AM.
PeterR is offline  
post #19 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 08:05:AM
Member
 
Gianz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gianz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewVanMan View Post
You have to go to your dealer and they can give you the information on the transportation of the Transit. They can tell you the Rail Car Company and the rail car number it is loaded on when it is set up. Then you can go to the Rail Company site and track your rail car to the local Distribution Center where they unload your van and then load it on a truck (from the picture I have from our local center in Mesquite, TX it is on a slant trailer that can carry 3 Transits) If you locate your Distribution Center, then you may be able to track it to that location and if close you may drive by and see it. From the Distribution Center, your dealer can get your van in one to four days depending on how far your dealer is from this center.

Dado6
Ordered his van from Southwest Ford in Weatherford, TX which is west of Dallas, TX. It went on the RAIL from Kansas City through routing to the
Distribution Center in Mesquite, TX (which comes up on the rail car listing as Forney Rd Dist Ctr) and then is loaded on the slant trailer at the center and
delivered.

Depending on how the Rail Cars are lined up for delivery, your Transit could go to Chicago, then rerouted towards the Southeast coastal area through Tennessee, then Georgia, then to Florida. I have seen some go from Plant to Distribution Center in 5 days, then later in the same situation it could be 12 to 15 days. They usually ship the ones going in the same area together, so the more orders for that area, the faster it gets to the center.

You can do the ETIS search to see when your van has passed QUALITY CONTROL, then it is ready for transportation. That will give you a idea of when IT CAN BE LOADED at the plant.
Terrific job, CrewVanMan!
Now information makes sense to me and hopefully to a lot of more people in our forum.
Allow me to suggest everyone who already have WS, to post their vin (FKA36481) in my case and start of build date SBD -12/05/2014, in my case. I will also post info the day I see Etis showing quality control passed, the day I have Convoy info ( Plant to Distribution Center dates) and finally the date it shows up at my Dealer.
FKA36481/SDB12.05.2014/QCmm.dd.yyyy/PDmm.dd.yyyy/DCAmm.dd.yyyy/LDAmm.dd.yyyy
You guys who already got your vans could already post your info to expedite this database creation!

GianZ
Silver, LWB, HR, 3.2 I5
Gianz is offline  
post #20 of 471 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 08:10:AM
Member
 
Gianz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gianz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Thanks for making things clearer.

If you didn't know what you were looking for, these numbers would be difficult to ID IMO.

The production date number, in the middle of the very top line of the window sticker, has the word "BLEND" under it in small type, and does not have spaces between the numbers, as CrewVanMan has shown in red for clarity. (120141205 for Gianz's sticker)

The second number ("the date your dealer was billed for the van . . . ") is in the middle of the bottom of the page, just above the blue border, and under the words "SPECIAL ORDER." (11 25 14 for Gianz's sticker)

There is another date under the blue border (11/27/2014 for Gianz) which is TBD, as I am following the lead of CrewVanMan here.

PS -- There is a funny inconsistency between the dates, as to which use the full year 2014, which use spaces, and which use a "forward slash" [ / ] to separate month/day/year, and the order in which the year appears.

Ugh . . . What a hodge-podge, helter-skelter, and anachronistic soup bowl of information . . . (IMO) . . .
PeterR,
The date 11/27/2014 on my WS, is the date I printed it. I did it again in another day and all dates came the same with the exception on this one, which showed the date of the newer print. Looks like all mysteries are beginning to vanish :-) and we start making sense of what we have available. Hope other members follow my suggestion and post their " chain of dates", here.
Rgds to all
PeterR likes this.

GianZ
Silver, LWB, HR, 3.2 I5
Gianz is offline  
Reply

User Tag List
PeterR, star gazer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tracking Build Dates PeterR Dealers, Purchases and Orders 819 01-21-2017 12:16:AM
timing on a window sticker willy1959 Dealers, Purchases and Orders 46 02-18-2016 11:20:PM
Track a Ford Vehicle from VIN thru build Dale_R Dealers, Purchases and Orders 64 10-22-2015 11:42:PM
Window Sticker build date Mystiko Dealers, Purchases and Orders 21 12-08-2014 05:30:PM
Build date from window sticker Mystiko Dealers, Purchases and Orders 1 10-09-2014 08:38:PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off