Actual Delivery of Custom-ordered Transit - Page 2 - Ford Transit USA Forum
 182Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 02:40:PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin356 View Post
ordered 250 ext diesel with most options june26. Have vin#. Ford cust serv. said delivery
Nov.11??? (did not say what year)
Welcome to the forum, marvin, you will find good company on this thread, where many purchasers are comparing notes:

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/p...ild-dates.html

When you receive actually delivery of your van, please post here again.
PeterR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 08:07:PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Special Order 6/18: Still Waiting

Howdy. I've been lurking in the background and digging for info for about a year, not much of a poster as I have little to add. We showed up at the dealership ready to roll and pulled the trigger 6/18/14 on an EcoBoost extra long, extra tall for a camper conversion with most of the normal options (I have most of the inside built out in the garage, inluding water, tandem bike slider and the kitchen counter).

Our van was built 10/17 and shipped this week. Expected date is by 11/17. Took the dealership some Fat Tire beer yesterday and even called Ford rep this week as well. I've got mixed signals about when the van was actually ordered, but either way...it looks like I haven't missed the party yet.

I am interested in knowing if anyone on here is a dealer/rep and can provide the detailed tracking record. I've seen on other sites, mostly related to the Raptor and Boss 302, that folks are seeing details of when and where the vehicle is in the "CONVOY" phase. It looks like a UPS tracking record. If anyone has access to this and would be willing to hook me up, please PM me.

Ordered: 6/18, Built: 10/17, shipped 10/20s, expected 11/17.

Any thread recommendations for insulation, moisture control/barriers, corrosion are welcome. Thanks folks!
MaxCat is offline  
post #13 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 08:25:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canton, TX
Posts: 1,447
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Your dealer can give you this information on tracking your Transit. You get the delivering railway and the rail car number and go to the railway site. Your transit will go to a local distribution center where it is offloaded and put on a truck for delivery. Recently took pictures of some Transit vans being loaded at the Forney Road Distribution Center for delivery in the DFW area. They go on a special one level trailer with 3 Transits per trailer.

I have pictures if you would like to see how they go from the distribution center. Just send me a private message with your direct email.
CrewVanMan is offline  
post #14 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 08:35:PM
ted
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I'd be interested in seeing those pictures, please post them, thanks!
ted is offline  
post #15 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 09:36:PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,544
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCat View Post
.....tandem bike slider.....
How does that work? Pics?
Longboard is offline  
post #16 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 10:38:PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Rec. my van today. Ordered June 26. 250 ext high roof, 3.2 diesel,tow package,most options. Dealer in Mo. about 120 miles from Ford plant.
marvin356 is offline  
post #17 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 11:07:PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCat View Post
Howdy. I've been lurking in the background and digging for info for about a year, not much of a poster as I have little to add. We showed up at the dealership ready to roll and pulled the trigger 6/18/14 on an EcoBoost extra long, extra tall for a camper conversion with most of the normal options (I have most of the inside built out in the garage, inluding water, tandem bike slider and the kitchen counter).

Our van was built 10/17 and shipped this week. Expected date is by 11/17. Took the dealership some Fat Tire beer yesterday and even called Ford rep this week as well. I've got mixed signals about when the van was actually ordered, but either way...it looks like I haven't missed the party yet.

I am interested in knowing if anyone on here is a dealer/rep and can provide the detailed tracking record. I've seen on other sites, mostly related to the Raptor and Boss 302, that folks are seeing details of when and where the vehicle is in the "CONVOY" phase. It looks like a UPS tracking record. If anyone has access to this and would be willing to hook me up, please PM me.

Ordered: 6/18, Built: 10/17, shipped 10/20s, expected 11/17.

Any thread recommendations for insulation, moisture control/barriers, corrosion are welcome. Thanks folks!
MaxCat, would you please consider using this thread to report timing issues before actual delivery?

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/p...ild-dates.html

I started this thread to track actual deliveries of custom-ordered Transits, to keep the replies on-topic to this specific issue. Note actual vehicle received by marvin356!

Thanks for understanding.

Peter
PeterR is offline  
post #18 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-30-2014, 11:13:PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin356 View Post
Rec. my van today. Ordered June 26. 250 ext high roof, 3.2 diesel,tow package,most options. Dealer in Mo. about 120 miles from Ford plant.
KaChing !!!! We have a winner -- marvin356 is the first to post actual receipt of a custom-ordered van!

June 26th to October 30th is 18 weeks, slightly over the 14-16 weeks estimated lead time by ARI the fleet management company, until today when the lead time was shortened to 10-12 weeks! [in red]

Fleet Management - ARI
PeterR is offline  
post #19 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 02:33:PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Van just arrived at the dealership, 4 days early! Picking it up tomorrow morning, I will post pictures.

2015 T350 Wagon XLT LWB High Roof
VIN Received: 9/5/2014
Build Date: 10/13/2014
Delivered: 10/31/2014
Options: Blue Jean, Tow Package, Privacy Glass, Vinyl Floor, Sirrius + HD Radio, Inverter Package, Alloy Wheels
dado6 is offline  
post #20 of 380 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 02:37:PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado6 View Post
Van just arrived at the dealership, 4 days early! Picking it up tomorrow morning, I will post pictures.
Yes!

Good to see dado6, as the Wagons have been slow in coming. Please let us know if any other Wagons arrived at your dealer. Yours is close to what I am looking for in the 130" WB with the low roof.

You ordered your Wagon in early August as I recall? So about 12 weeks from order to delivery? [edit -- what state are you in if you don't mind?]

Last edited by PeterR; 10-31-2014 at 02:43:PM.
PeterR is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordered mne willy1959 Introductions 2 09-17-2014 09:26:PM
Well, the van we ordered in May will be here.... Sweetb728 Dealers, Purchases and Orders 41 09-10-2014 06:42:PM
Ordered Mystiko Introductions 0 08-31-2014 02:28:PM
What "Transit" is this 14' delivery van? accrete Ford Transit General Discussion 7 07-28-2014 06:56:PM
You can now make your own custom-wrapped Transit DearbornDude Ford Transit General Discussion 0 08-27-2013 09:12:PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off