Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Weekend warrior van conversion 2015 T250 HR 148
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:27:AM Thread Starter
bshred

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
The propane bottle in the photo is portable for outdoor cooking.

The bed is 75x66. It will become a bit narrower since I recently installed L track on the walls. I will use the L track to fasten the boxes to the van using studded anchors. I was using 1 inch thick plywood sections to screw the boxes to prior. Previously I h ad attached the plywood section to the wall with the 8mm existing threaded inserts on the walls, this was just a temp way of fastening to the wall prior to installing the L track system.

The width of boxes are 22" with a 22" galley as of now. Center galley will be getting trimmed down about 2 or 3 inches soon.

Overall the galley was a good concept, but it was a pain converting the bed everyday. Without putting the bed away it was difficult to access the storage below. For just two people without much gear this system would likely be good. But with a kid and lots of outdoor gear it was just not enough storage capacity.

So we will be building a platform bed and likely will just keep the port side box. Starboard side will mostly be left open for mtn bike's. But I'll still keep the option to add the box in as needed if I want a full double level sleeping system.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

2015 T250 LWB High Roof Cargo - converting to camper

Last edited by bshred; 01-10-2017 at 01:31:PM.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum