Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - My #1 Aftermarket Upgrade - Air Lift
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:37:PM Thread Starter
sschefer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
My #1 Aftermarket Upgrade - Air Lift

My 250 handled it's full load and towed my 25' boat just fine but I only had an inch clearance at the bump stops. I could feel them hit on occasion and it was a pretty hard jounce.

The first thing I did after my first outing was to order and install the AirLift 5000 Ultimate with the AirLift 72000 wireless remote.

Now that my second build is done I'm happy to say that this investment is proving out nicely. I can keep the rear within an inch of stock (empty) height and when I drop to 5lbs I'm now level.

What I didn't expect was the softer ride yet more stable vehicle. I still feel a passing big rig or high winds but it's not anyway near pushing me around like it did before. It is also very stable in turns now. There's no longer a feeling of top heaviness like there was before.

The kits are now available for all Transits (including the T350) except those with the DRW option. I've heard that you can modify the kit to make it work with the DRW.

As a first major investment (1,000.00) I would highly recommend it to all conversion builders.

2016 T250, MR, LWB, 3.5L EB, 3.73 LS, Sync, Tow Package.

Last edited by sschefer; 01-09-2017 at 12:41:PM.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum