Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Multi-tank Fresh Water System Feedback Request
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:48:PM
skagitstan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morey View Post
To maximize the amount of fresh water we can carry and given the constraints of the rest of our build we will need two tanks:

Bill of Materials:
Questions:

Is this the best way to connect 2 tanks together at different elevations?

Is one line between the tanks enough for water flow and a vent?

Am I missing any important valves?

Would PEX and the push-to-connect style connectors work well in a van?
We've been using PEX and push connectors, so far with no problem (once I had them firmly seated).
I have a question or two:
How do you provide air venting for your lower tank, especially when filling?
When the upper tank is emptied to below the level of the lower tank's inlet, how will you get more water out of the upper? Are you depending on a a pump generated vacuum pressure to help? If so, can the upper handle the negative pressure?
I also think this will be problematic if you do add a vent to the lower tank for filling purposes.

We're only using one (41 gal) tank with a different fill and use scheme, so I don't know how well your system will work otherwise. I hope the wall can support your 80+ pound 10 gal tank, and that its bottom is either supported if it is only partially sitting on the wheel well, or can handle the H2O weight.

13 Feb 15 ordered: EL HR 350 SRW w. 3.5L, 3.31LS, MFT, and a bunch of other stuff.
21 May update: Annie the Van is home!
Ongoing: Camper conversion is in progress.
Annie's build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Annie's build blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum