Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Webasto Air Top 2000 STC PETROL (GASOLINE) won't start
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:46:PM Thread Starter
atoine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
Webasto Air Top 2000 STC PETROL (GASOLINE) won't start

Hi,

I first mentioned the issue on my build thread, but I decided to start a new thread since we are a few users on this forum with the SAME exact issue. I just wanted to give this issue some visibility just in case others are looking for answers...

ISSUE:
The Webasto Air Top 2000 STC PETROL was installed (new) with the 7 days Timer (MultiControl). It was used for about 100 hours before it shut down during the night (error code F02) and would not restart even with multiple attempts. We found that the only way to restart the unit was to drain the fuel line and then restart. Then, eventually the unit completely failed to start (F02). Failed start sequence: Fan start as usual, Fuel pump click as usual, no fire. Fuel Pump pause, then resume, then no fire, then the unit shut down and gives a F02 code.

Another user had his unit checked by a Webasto Technician. The glow plug was replaced, combustion chamber cleaned and this solve the issue. Then, the problem came back. The glow plug was once again toasted.

I just sent an email to TechWebasto explaining the issue and telling them that others have the same problem. I will report back with the answer here.

This is our installation:
http://faroutride.com/air-heater-installation/

If you are having this issue too, PLEASE report it here so that we can have more weight with Webasto Tech. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 High-Roof, Extended-Length, camper van conversion for mountain biking & splitboarding adventures.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome