Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Neighborhood Banning My Transit 350 HD!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 03:31:PM
EddieZ

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc View Post
To my surprise I received a letter from my Home Owners Association (HOA) regarding my Transit 350 HD being too tall and too long, thus violating the association C.C.R's. The association rules state that no vehicle can exceed 7 feet in height and 18 feet in length and be parked in the neighborhood. (On the street or in a driveway unless you are a temporary vendor)
I wouldn't get my hopes up. They're not creating a new rule -- you've already stated what the rules already are.

You would need to be seeking an exception. You might have to go 'round the neighborhood, and document all of the other CCR violations, to have some leverage.

I think a lot of times, CCR rules are written NOT with the notion that they will always be enforced, but, with the idea that they have a way to control something that becomes an obvious problem.

You could argue that the vehicle is not being used as a crudded up contractor rig, but, for personal use. BUT, the board will know that if they let you do it, they will have a problem enforcing the restriction when a guy with a crudded up contractor rig comes along, and cites you as precedence.

That "county roads" post, above, would be worth a look.

Transit 250 Cargo MR LWB 3.5L w/3.31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum