Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - My Quigley 4X4 van was delivered!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 11:15:PM Thread Starter
Paul vP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My Quigley 4X4 van was delivered!

I was pretty apprehensive about ordering a Quigley 4X4 Transit van given the long delays reported by others. Fortunately, my order went smoothly and my van was delivered just over 3 months after it was built at Ford. Here is a breakdown of the waiting periods involved:

Rail transfer from Ford to Quigley: 2 weeks
Hold at Quigley: 4 weeks
Production at Quigley: 2 weeks
Delivery (by flatbed truck) to dealer: 5 weeks
Pre-delivery inspection and detailing: 1.5 days

The final delivery can probably be streamlined by urging your dealer to make payment immediately following completion of the van and also by making sure transportation is arranged in advance.

With Continental Vancontact Winter tires mounted, I felt very secure traveling over an icy 7200-foot pass on the way home from the dealer. I haven't had the need to use the four-wheel drive yet, but expect it will prove its worth in the Northern Sierra Nevada while traveling snow-covered roads this winter and dirt access roads to remote trailheads next summer. The primary use for my van will be as a dog and recreational gear hauler as well as a basic camper. Overall, I am amazed at how easy, comfortable and fun the van is to drive and am beyond happy with the purchase!

2017 150 MR 4X4 Cargo Van, 148" Wheelbase, 3.7L Engine, 3.73 limited slip axle, rear A/C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0321.jpg (323.5 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0317.jpg (360.4 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by Paul vP; 12-11-2016 at 12:20:PM.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum