Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Small Update for those waiting on the 2016 Sync3 Update
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 07:43:AM
RandomJoe

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer View Post
I have car play on my 2017 and I'm not really using it. Not sure why I need it.
The main thing I was hoping to do with it is run Google Maps on the in-dash screen for trip routing. Unfortunately I also recently read that Apple doesn't allow that! They have it configured so ONLY Apple's Maps app can display navigation on the screen. Argh! Stupid pointless restrictions!

More and more I'm thinking I should have just done like someone else and mount a good-size Android tablet in the dash...! (This is also the latest in a series of issues that is really tempting me to move to an Android phone next time I replace mine.)

To be fair, Apple Maps will do the one feature I most wanted on the screen - satellite view - so would probably be okay. It's sometimes nice to get a bird's eye view of the area I'm driving through when looking for something. Just not sure I'm quite willing to pony up *another* $180 after the ridiculous price of the Sync 3 system to begin with... (And I'm definitely not going to the dealer to have it installed, if it isn't user-installable that's right out!)

Grumble grumble gripe... Think I'm turning into a grumpy old man...

2016 T250 LWB HR 3.5EB 3.31LS Most all the bells & whistles...

Ordered: 25 Jan 2016
Got VIN: 08 Feb 2016
Window sticker: 25 Mar 2016
ETIS Build Date: 5 Apr 2016
Picked up: 21 Apr 2016

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum