Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Anyone with 2018 crystal ball? 4x4?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 06:23:PM Thread Starter
skiroc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone with 2018 crystal ball? 4x4?

Now that the 2017 is on the street, any crystal balls on the 2018?

I currently have a Toyota Tundra 4x4 with an FWC camper, so I am good to go for now. But as I am within a couple years of retirement and will be spending much more time on the road, I like the form factor of the new vans. When I started my research several months ago I immediately went to the Sprinter forums because thatís what I see everywhere. But it only took me a few weeks of reading to realize that people must be blinded by the Mercedes cache, and are willing to put up with the many shortcomings.

This has led me to the Ford Transit. I am ready to buy and start a camper conversion, but there is one thing I would wait for if it was coming in 2018, that is 4 x 4. I spend a lot of time in Death Valley. I know that 4 x 4 in one of these high vans will never be like 4 x 4 on my Tundra, and I will not be able to go on some of the roads I go now, but 4 x 4 could get me out of trouble on even a non 4 x 4 dirt road.

Anyone have real knowledge or this, or know approximately when we will know about the 2018 line-up?

Also, I have seen this pic on-line as a 2018. What is that over the front windshield? More glass, a custom paint job, or some real change in 2018?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-Ford-Transit.jpg (85.4 KB, 106 views)

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum