Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Aluminess Light Bar and Front Hitch Receiver

31K views 73 replies 41 participants last post by  VanCompass.com 
#1 ·
Inquired to Aluminess regarding any future plans to make a light bar or front receiver hitch similar to what they offer for the Sprinter. The response was
We haven't got enough demand for such items to put in to the development phase for the transit. If we had the interest for say 20+ committed customers then it would be enough incentive to do so. Until then, we don't have any plans, but check back in time to time.
Anybody want to get onboard with expressing interest?

See less See more
#38 ·
I started thinking about this a lot and I feel if you have an ecoboost you should not block the opening where the step is.

I'd like to have a winch mount, but I don't think this bumper is built to handle pulling a vehicle up a hill. How you can tie into the frames around the engine is important. No need for light bar only.

#39 ·
I started thinking about this a lot and I feel if you have an ecoboost you should not block the opening where the step is.

Can you elaborate? Isn't the air intake via the hood?

#40 ·
He's talking about the intercooler which is inside that square hole in the front. The f150s have it too and I never know why it's just open to flying rocks.

There's a grill insert available on the trucks. Probably will fit the vans in the tabs already there.

40$ is a little high though.

#41 ·
Bump to this thread! Also put me down as interested in an aftermarket light bar. The Aluminess looks hot, and I might pony up the dough for it, but it bugs me that they are the only option.....

It's interesting to see how little aftermarket options for cool stuff there are available for the Transit, compared to the Econolines (or even the Sprinters). Hopefully we'll get there someday....

#50 ·
Could this (as pictured) be utilized for mounting LED or candles for enhanced lumination or for wench mounting for pulling stuff or too keep road travel impediments from bashing too-fragile plastics and sheet metal? My cosmetics seem to always be in need of tending to and this seems to be a good looker, kind of beefy like I used to be and darn well if it ain't fabricated in USA. Makes me want to buy one and then get on bended knee after it arrives and is installed and whistle the pledge of allegiance--that we can still make things that folks are willing to purchase...have already spoken for the first two grandchildren, but if anyone wants to buy me one of these "brushbars" feel free to contact me as the third granchild thats a comming I'd give for one. Now that eatin roadkill has become legal again in my current state of Worshington, I'd be in for a little activity with this brushbar to secure some quadruped protein on-the-hoof. Maybe technically out-of-season for huntin/shootin all the darn deer round here but it's always in season to run 'em down and utilize the whole critter-after giving thanks for the sacrifice the deer creature has made. I wonder if I could take an elk this year?

Attachments

#55 ·
Definitely interested!
It really needs to mount very securely to the frame rails, so that the front hitch can be used to mount a portable winch.
(Note that, unlike a previous poster, I am not so rude as to suggest mounting a wench on my front bumper!)

#59 · (Edited)
I see those tow hooks attached to your winch mount superstructure, would we still have to cut holes in the bumper cover for those or do they straddle the winch inside the factory opening? Anxious to see the final product, it looks like it may clear the above mentioned light bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.