Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Double din dash kit
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:18:PM
USMC Vet

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Question Location for installing a radio

Having NO expertise in radio's, I have a question to ask.

I have looked at the on-line picture of the Metra replacement for the OEM radio.

Take a look at my previously posted picture of the area under the center console shroud, Thread included below. It appears the area beneath the metal shelf (under the cupholder area) has nothing below it, possibly due to the plastic shelf area in the shroud, just above the floor.

If my presumption is correct, couldn't a premium radio of any size, be mounted under that metal shelf (and attached to it) by cutting a hole in the shroud above the plastic floor shelf? And having the face plate mounted even with the front of the upper cupholder area?

I know some of you have installed radios for a living, previously, and some of you are very talented DIY'ers, what do you think? Just drop the wiring down and connect.
That would put a radio in easy reach of driver and passenger and somewhat out of view of those on the outside looking in.

Semper Fi

OEM center console, what's underneath?

12/4/15 Finally able to drive.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6/26/15 At Mobility upfitter.
4/2/15 - Built , 3/24/15 - Window Sticker
12/12/14 - Ordered, 350 HR XLT Wagon, 148 WB, 3.5 EB, 3.31 LS,

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum