Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Considering a 130WB medium roof for sports wagon + R&D work
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 05:49:PM
WN1A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Hein, like jonsobi we got the 130 WB for the same reasons. It replaced a 26 year old 4WD Suburban (also 130 WB) that we tent camped from all those years. I have been on roads in Oregon that required backing up half way through a turn to complete the turn. We live in Seattle where narrow streets make parking difficult and backing a small boat trailer into the drive is impossible with a larger turning radius. With the dual batteries and upfitter switches it is easy to put together a 1000 watt inverter system. I chose a 20 gallon water tank, desert travels, with a 6 gallon grey water holding tank and a high quality ceramic filter system for drinking and cooking water.

I am working on a sleeping platform scheme across the back, basically two 3' x 4' sections that would fold together with 3" mattress pads inside and then stand vertical against one wall. Finding or designing a suitable hinge system is a challenge.

A last comment, I put in a cork floor, it doesn't reduce headroom much, it is quite, an insulator, fire retardant, and rugged. There a few pictures on the following link and thanks for the prompt service in getting thinsulate.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/desear...57666112762950

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum