Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Anyone convert a Passenger Wagon?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 06:52:PM
EddieZ

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I converted an older (E-Series) window van and recommend you think through all the implications associated with starting out with a wagon. There are a lot of differences to consider.

I used a wagon to make it feel more open (visually) and it caused a lot of problems, plus it limits what you can build. I often regret not using a cargo van. And with newer Transit differences are even greater.

I'm not suggesting you don't use a wagon, just that you think about all the differences in advance. It's not just about extra seats.
When I had been flirting with the idea of getting an E-Series or Express for conversion, one thing I noticed was that it was easier to find a nice looking used passenger van, than to find a nice looking used cargo van, and, possibly less expensive. Of course, trades vans tend to get beat up. Passenger vans get sold off by corporate motor pools, gubmint agencies, churches, etc.

Back to Transit... the key differences would include LESS headroom, and LESS payload and towing capacity,

Transit 250 Cargo MR LWB 3.5L w/3.31

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum