Ford Transit USA Forum - View Single Post - Meet Yellow Bird
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 01:27:PM Thread Starter
klp

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Meet Yellow Bird

2015 T250, 148 wheelbase with just basic options. 3.7 3.73 combo.

It's a great truck! Ride and handling are nice, the view out is just incredible. Strong brakes, the tranny shifts well. I left VT on friday, drove to Detroit to pick it up. It was damaged in transit so Ford repaired and titled it, I bought it used with 700 miles.

The trip total I logged about 900 miles, I averaged about 19mpg on the readout. Empty with nothing but some seats in the back.

I got these from a seller in Battle Creek MI, about 100 miles west of Detroit. They are all Sienna leather seats, I have 3 of the lounge style with footrests, the seller included the tracks as well. They are very well made and OEM quality.

I also got two non footrest buckets.
This is going to be a Moto hauler/camper/family hauler like many on here. The plan is to sound deaden with MLV, mount the tracks then install oak floor. The tracks will be flush mounted. For the side finish I want simple panels and aluminum track with mounts all over. Someone here built a blue van up, mine will look similar.
I will mostly be hauling this as my other bikes can actually be ridden to where you want to use them lol. I want to haul minibikes too, my 6 year old son rides an Oset right now but I will soon get him a gas bike.

I plan to get the floor and seats in ASAP, after that the build will slow down. Plans include a generator, inverter, several tv's and game console. I will run a fan and screens in the windows.

Search Tags for this Page

ford transit usa forum
2014 ford transit
ford transit forum
2015 ford transit
transit usa forum